I’ve seen these going around a bit lately, so thought I’d add my own.
1. I really dislike being called ‘hun’, ‘darl’ and any other term of endearment, especially if it’s someone younger than me saying it. The only person I’ll ever allow to do it is my Mum ;)
2. Whenever I see poor grammar, it makes me cringe. I make a huge effort to ensure I write/type things with correct grammar, and find it hard to read something that isn’t. I know that people make mistakes (I’m sure I do on the rare occasion), but when it’s constant I can’t help correcting in my head.
3. My closest friends are online friends. Mainly cause I’m such an introvert & don’t like going out to meet new people. I try, but I just don’t ‘click’ with anyone. I make crappy small talk, or feel left out.
4. I never feel comfortable in church. I’m an atheist, so have no reason to go, but anytime I’ve been in one, I feel nauseous, claustrophobic & so very uncomfortable. I don’t know why though.
5. I didn’t enjoy high school. It was mainly the study & work that got to me, so I left halfway through grade 11. I’m grateful that I did, cause I met my Husband a few months later through work.
6. I don’t drive. I’ve never driven & I don’t have my drivers licence. I have no desire to drive, but I know I need to. I’m not scared to drive at all, I just don’t want to (ok, partly cause I see it as ‘too hard’). Every year I promise that I will do it, but never do. I’m hoping that this year is THE year.
7. I hate unannounced visitors. I find it extremely rude. Especially if the house is a mess & I’m still waltzing around in my pyjamas, lol!
8. I dream of being a midwife, but am unsure if I’ll actually be motivated to do the work/study/exams for it (I find it hard to concentrate & process things sometimes). I hope that due to it being something I love, I’ll breeze through it without a worry.
9. I can be judgemental at times. Which is only natural, though it’s something I’m trying to hold back. I’m getting better, but it is hard, so hard.
10. I want another baby in about 5yrs time, but my husband doesn’t. Whilst I fully respect his reasons & choice, I am having a hard time accepting that Roo may be our last. Never being pregnant, giving birth & having a newborn again makes me sad – but I guess I can’t keep having babies forever, lol.
11. I’d love to be a gestational surrogate (ie, carry the baby, not have any biological relation with it), but I think I could only do it for close friends or family.
12. I cry too easily. I’ve no idea if it’s cause I’m sensitive, or just cause I’m a woman. Despite this, I don’t get PMS, thankfully!
Things I love… (in no particular order)
1. The smell & feel of a freshly birthed newborn baby. It’s intoxicating!
2. Everything to do with birth & pregnancy.
3. Greys Anatomy & Doctor Who.
4. My iPad mini (and my iPhone).
8. The smell of rain.
9. Cake (cause who doesn’t).
10. Ice cream.